- University of Manitoba
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Completion of a college program for forest workers may be required.
- Formal training in chain saw operation and maintenance and several months of on-the-job training are usually provided.
- Previous experience as a logging and forestry labourer or logging machine operator may be required. Experience requirements vary depending on the type and location of woodlands operations.
- Provincial certification or a forest worker program certificate is required in some provinces.
- Workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) and first aid certificates may be required.
Places of Employment
Logging companies and contractors