- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of several months to one year of informal, on-the-job training within the company is required for most mixer and blender operators.
- Completion of more than one year of formal and informal company training may be required for some operators working in pharmaceutical, explosives and agricultural chemical or in specialty chemical plants.
- Previous experience in chemical products processing as an assistant, labourer or helper may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- Certification in the transportation of dangerous goods (TDG), first aid, firefighting or workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
Places of Employment
Chemical, cleaning compound, ink and adhesive industries; chemical processing departments in other industries